Further to the announcement on 23rd March 2020, it is with regret we must inform you of the immediate closure of Donovan’s Dental Practice. All appointments during this period will be cancelled, please contact us to rearrange your appointments once the restrictions are lifted.
If you have a dental emergency please call 01798 343552 for further instructions.
The safety of our staff and patients have always been our priority during this difficult time. Thank you for all your support and understanding.
What is a Dental Emergency?
Not urgent (May need to wait):
- Loose or lost crowns, bridges or veneers.
- Broken, rubbing or loose dentures.
- Bleeding gums.
- Broken, loose or lost fillings.
- Chipped teeth with no pain.
- Loose orthodontic wires.
Urgent Dental Appointment
- Facial swelling extending to eye or neck.
- Bleeding following an extraction that does not stop after 20 mins pressure with a gauze/clean hanki. A small amount of blood is normal, just like if you had grazed your knee.
- Bleeding due to trauma.
- Tooth broken and causing pain, or tooth fallen out.
- Significant toothache preventing sleep, eating, associated with significant swelling, or fever that cannot be managed with painkillers.
Straight to A&E:
- Facial swelling affecting vision or breathing, preventing mouth opening more than 2 fingers width.
- Trauma causing loss of consciousness, double vision or vomiting.
Donovan’s Dental Practice